Howto:Installing TataPhoton+ on RHEL 6 | Linux
I am sharing a howto cum good news for All Linux Users who specially use RHEL from Long time.
As in my earlier post for RHEL 6 Views i have mentioned that RHEL 6 is looks like a Fedora 14 from Graphical Point of View, but 1 positive thing which i like about RHEL 6 is that It is detecting most of the things automatically like fedora 14.
Today I am sharing how to to configure TataPhoton+ on RHEL 6 ( Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6).
If you are some what experienced then you will know it very easily but this how to is specially them who just started with RHEL 6 only and wanted to configure Data Card Photon+ on RHEL 6.
To Configure TataPhoton+ on RHEL6, You don’t require any RPM Sort of things but to Perform this howto following requirement must match.
1) Network Manager must be installed.
2) You Network Must be managed by NetworkManager
To Configure and Running DataCard ( Photon+) On RHEL 6, please perform following steps.
1) Attach Tata Photon+ and Wait for 2 Mins mean while you can check that into for detecting process (/var/log/messages)
2) You will get a New Connection Called “New Mobile Broad Connection” click on that.
3) Click “Forward”
4) In Country Selection Select “India”, Click on Forward
5) Then Select “Tata Photon+”
6) Click on Finish
7) Now Left Click on NetworkManager there you will able to See connection name called “TATA Photon Mobile Broadband” click on that Connection.
8) That’s it, Now you are connected with TataPhon+ on RHEL 6.
Let me have some feedback on the same.
Enjoy Internet on Linux through DataCard Photon+ Enjoy Linux Enjoy Open Source Enjoy Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6