Howto:Installing Firefox 9 Step by Step on Ubuntu 11.10 | Linux | Ubuntu 11.10 | Firefox 9
This is a post to update Firefox on Ubuntu 11.10.
It is very fast upgrade version from Firefox i think so, But anyways we like updates because update comes with some new feature and always for me New Release is exciting.
Before Following this post i would like to mention following things :-
1) Make sure Make sure you want to continue with Firefox 9 may be there are some bugs also not sure !!!!.
2) First Prepare a list of your Favorite Add-Ons
4) Take a Backup of your BookMarks
In Very Few steps we will able to update Firefox 9 on Ubuntu 11.10
Please perform following steps to Install Firefox 9 on Ubuntu 11.10 :-
1) Make sure your Internet is working
2) Please change your user to root
[tejasbarot@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# su -
3) Execute Following command on your Ubuntu 11.10
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
4) Now Just Execute following command as root :-
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# apt-get update
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# apt-get install firefox
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# apt-get upgrade
5) Now when it Ask a Question for Yes/No then Provide Yes If you want to Continue and No If you Don’t want to continue.
Shortly I am going to post How to for Installing Firefox 9 on Fedora 15. Keep Visiting Blog.
I Hope it helps to some body. Let me have some feedback guys.
Please Click on Google +1 button and Add your ratings if this works for you and you like it.
Enjoy Linux Enjoy Open Source Enjoy Ubuntu Enjoy Browsing with Firefox 9