Login as a root from GUI | Ubuntu 12.10 | Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin

Hello Friends,

Is there question in your mind that How to Login as a root from GUI in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin Latest Release ? Read Following How to for your answer.

Note :- It’s not at all Good to Login as root from GUI in any Linux Distribution. Login as a root from GUI can destroy your system. ( Some people says this, I don’t agree with them.) :)

Again a very good news for ROOT Lovers who loves to Login as a root from GUI into Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin

Just Follow only 5 Steps and You will able to Login as  a root From GUI in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin.

Follow the below steps to Login as a root From GUI in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin

1) Login as a normal user which you have created during Installation.

2) Click on Unity Dash and Search for Terminal and Open Terminal

3) Execute Below Command.

sudo passwd root

[sudo] password for tejasbarot: ****** <——– Enter your Current User password from which you have logged in from GUI —->

Enter new UNIX password: ******  < ———Enter New password which you want to set for root user ——>

Retype new UNIX password: ******  < ——— Retype New password which you want to set for root user ——>

4) That’s It. You have successfully Setup Your root user’s password. Now Log out from Current User.

5) If No “Other Option on Login screen than please click on this link http://www.tejasbarot.com/2012/04/30/howto-other-login-option-on-login-screen-ubuntu-12-04-lts-precise-pangolin/ On Login Screen, Type Username ( root ) and password which you have setted up in step 3. If you are no

It’s very easy howto for Login as a root from GUI ( Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin )

Please Click on Google +1 button and Add your ratings if this works for you and you like it.

All Linux User’s Blog Mobile Applications :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/download-mobile-apps/

Enjoy Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin :) Enjoy Linux :) Enjoy Open Source :)

Content Protection by DMCA.com

-->

21 Comments »

• Tito says:

its WORK. thanks a lot ,Mr

• dentysta says:

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

• los says:

I just installed ubuntu 12 on my PC, each time I try to install a program, it asks for admin passwd. I never set one!
    I’ve read how to change root password using: sudo passwd but IT STILL ASKS FOR CURRENT PASSWORD, WHICH I DONT KNOW BECASUE I NEVER SET!
    is there a way of disabling this passwd request or fidning what passwd UBUTNTU seems to have setup by default?
    Pls help
    thanks.

• Tejas Barot says:

Hello Jeetu,

Disabled in KDE or in GNOME ?

As far as i know KDE doesn’t block ROOT Login. ( I am not using KDE So Much )

Hope this helps.

• Jeetendra says:

Bro,
    I’m not able to login as root
    I was actually able to login as root
    but When I installed KDE, the root again got disabled.
    Any way to solve this?
    Thanks

• Vicram says:

Ok, I’ll subscribe then. Thanks so much.
    I guess this is a problem most people doesn’t notice unless they try to login as root through the screen, so there’s not much info.

• Tejas Barot says:

@Vicram,

I am finding clue, I will update you on the same keep visiting blog or subscribe for Latest Post.

• Vicram says:

Hi, same problem here. My login screen doesn’t show the “OTHER” option. I’m using Gnome Shell too. I tried everything from Unity, just to check if it would work from the defaul desktop, but it’s still the same. So it seems like it’s a bug, doesn’t it? Has someone fixed this or has any clue?

• chuvey says:

mmm, you can use

gksu /name/you/aplication

not recommended enter as root

• jazzpi says:

@ActionParsnip
    Think before posting…
    Ever thought of setting up a server on a Linux Computer?

• Tejas Barot says:

Hello,

I will try my best to get this done. Lets hope get some time to work on this interesting trick.

• Girija Mahapatra says:

I am already a suscriber of YOUR BLOG. I hope that I get a perfect person from whom I can lean many things on ubuntu as well as on Linux, Fedora.. Really I am a LINUX fan.

• Tejas Barot says:

Hello,

Yes, Girija it is possible i will find it and will update on the same blog, You can subscribe to blog so whenever i will post it you will get post.

• Girija Mahapatra says:

So the trick is there…. Is not it possible to add others in log in screen?

• Yes you can destroy your OS, you also remove a lot of system security. It’s not for ‘root lovers’ it’s for people with poor understanding of their OS.

• Girija Mahapatra says:

How your system makes it possible but not mine? I am on Gnome Shell.. Are U using Gnome Shell?

• Girija Mahapatra says:

I installed 12.04.LTS yesterday and by now I configured my system with required packages. I can be #user after following your procedure. But my Login screen does not provide OTHER to select it unlike in 11.10.. Why?????

• Tejas Barot says:

Hello,

Yes Girja, It is working perfectly fine, Right Now, i am working as a root and commenting from ROOT only.

• Girija Mahapatra says:

Are U really successful with the procedure?

• Girija Mahapatra says:

Log in Screen do not provide OTHER option to login as root. The procedure is farely working in 11.10 but does not in 12.04 LTS. We will be very graceful to U if the solution sill be there. Without root the whole 12.04 LTS is just a child Play. I need to be log in as root essentially.

• Robert Kumaat says:

No ‘Other’ option on step 5, Login Screen. However, there was in Ubuntu 11.10. Any other solution?