How To: Upgrade Ubuntu 12.04 to Ubuntu 12.10 | Precise Pangolin to Quantal Quetzal
Tested Ubuntu 12.10 and After few updates i can say that it is going good. Now it looks very nice and very smooth.
In this How To, I will show you steps to Upgrade Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal.
Here you will see a Upgrade Process from GUI, Follow Just few steps and Your upgrade will start immediately.
Follow the below steps to Upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 to Ubuntu 12.10 :-
##> Things to consider
=> Internect Connection Needed Until it finishes Upgradation.
=> Make sure you have taken backup of all critical Data.
=> Try at your own risk.
1. Open Terminal and Execute Following command to open Update Manager, You need to be root or sudo privilege user :-
linux-forums@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad :~$ sudo update-manager
2. Now Click on “Settings”, Look at the Attached screenshot Below :-
3. In Selection of “Notify me of a new Ubuntu version:” select “For Any Version”, Below is the screenshot for the same :-
4. Make sure you settings look like below ScreenShot :-
5. Now click on “Check” to Refresh Update Window, Wait for a While until it finishes Update Procedure :-
6. Once Update Procedure Finish you will get a Notification for New Available Version and Then click on “Upgrade”, Please have a look at below screen shot :-
7. Once you click on Upgrade You will be prompted to Release notes and Again you have to click on Upgrade at that Screen too, below Screen shot will explain you :-
8. That’s It. Don’t Disconnect Internet Connection and Just Wait for Up-gradation to Finish and You are done. and You will be Upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal.
If this works for your then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
Ask for Linux Commercial Support :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/linux-commercial-support/
Join Linux and Open Source Forums :- http://linuxforums.tejasbarot.com
Upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal and Enjoy Ubuntu 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂