uNagi: Nagios Client for SmartPhone | Android Nagios Client
Now a days, Everybody is using Smart phones / Tabs and Specially Lots and Lots of People are moving to Android Technology and Enjoying it.
Being a Guy from technology I always feel that whether it’s Android or iPhone or BlackBerry, It is for mailing, chatting, social networking and Most people use it for Games.
As a Linux Administrator few days back I have found most useful thing in Android and Specially people who monitors servers or attached to Server’s Health.
All System Administrators who attached with Monitoring must have heard About Nagios but for Monitoring it you required a Web Browser at least, But today i have found Android Application for Nagios called uNagi, I have tested it and it is working perfectly fine.
uNagi : is a Android Based Client for Nagios, Application Developed by rekaszeru
I want to Thank Developers for Creating Such a Nice and Useful Application.
– supports multiple Nagios / Icinga accounts that are switchable at runtime;
– allows connections over https (self signed ssl certificates);
– secures account credential storing;
– lists hosts / services hierarchically in a rich and easy-to-use ui;
– provides access to various actions on selected components, such as commenting, acknowledging, dealing with notifications, downtime schedules, obsession, passive checks;
– filters based on component status and/or detail data text (regexp support);
– notifies with sound/vibration on each update when error is detected on a component registered for uNagi alerts;
– applies filters and settings on a per account basis (multiple accounts: multiple display settings / filters);
– supports pnp with zoomable chart component (beta);
– supports NagiosGrapher with zoomable chart component (beta);
– loads the notifications issued for the desired account, with archive access and contact name filtering, and provides access to functions of the hosts/services denoted by the notifications (via context menu items);
– introduces the extended Icinga support as of version 1.3.0
– provides widgets: 3 sizes, opaque and not that opaque;
– needs no additional plugins or extensions on either side for it to run;
– allows shell control: start, silent-start, stop (more coming soon; details on the Steps and Changes page);
– handles special hours (day/time intervals) and custom alerting scheme for these.
– introduces manual / on demand update handling: by enabling it from settings, uNagi will run without background service, and the data is refreshed on demand.
– has no ads;
– as a beta feature allows instant error reporting; enable this feature, if you experience a malfunction that is hard to describe / reproduce. No sensitive data of any kind is gathered by these reports, pure filtered stack trace is collected, submitted with date, version number, and an optional reporter! Once a unique error is reported, I will handle it and post a feedback on the report site: http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/reports.htmlThis is a pretty young application, so far tested on 3.2.0, 3.2.3 and 3.3.1;
Though it fits my needs, it would be nice to know others find it useful too.
Hopefully some of you guys can point out bugs that I have missed, provide some ideas to make this app more useable.
Please write me a note about your ideas, thoughts, things that should be better, things that you miss in the application, so I can work on them to improve it.Thank you in advance for helping me with your opinion!For a bit more detailed description you can visit the dev-site of the application (http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro), where you can
– browse among the changes: http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/changes.html
– read the comments got so far: http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/comments.html
– view a few more screenshots: http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/snapshots.html
– take a look at the Locale / Tasker plug-ins (release candidates): http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/plugins.html
To Install Application, In Google Play Store you can search with “uNagi” or You can visit link :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.rekaszeru.unag&hl=en
If you use this Application and Like it then Please Write a Review there to Encourage Developers to make such app which makes Administrators Life Easy.
Hope this helps you all.
If you like this then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
All Linux User’s Blog Mobile Applications :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/download-mobile-apps/
Please Keep in Touch with Social Networking :-
Facebook Page :- https://www.facebook.com/AllLinuxUsersBlog
Enjoy Monitoring on Android 🙂 Enjoy Nagios 🙂 Enjoy Linux Enjoy Open Source