Linux: Remote Desktop Connection Sharing with Google Chrome Browser
You can take a Remote Desktop of any Computer via Plugin Introduced by Google. This Plugin is cross platform you can Use this Plugin on Windows and Linux As Well.
I have Installed this Plugin on Ubuntu 12.04’s Google Chrome and It worked Perfectly fine for me.
Google Introduces fantastic plug-in with Google Chrome. Now You can take anybody’s remote and you can access screen for Support and Solution.
Google Launches Chrome Remote Desktop support plug-in for Google Chrome Support. I Just like this plugin very much.
I have tested this plug-in and its working very nice and so smooth. This time Google Targeted TeamViewer. Frankly Speaking, I was a big fan of TeamViewer but started hatting it once it expires free version. I hope google doesn’t put any restriction on connection or time limit.
This is a Big Loss of TeamViewer and very much advantage for those users who always gives online support and wants to take remote desktop support for solutions.
My +1 to Google Desktop Sharing Feature. Now Lets come to the point.
Read This Article and Specially Highlighted Instructions Carefully.
Obvious Requirements are Google Account and Google Chrome.
Main and Common Method which needs to Follow by both Side “People who wants to Share” and “People Who Wants to Access”
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Go to URL :- http://chrome.google.com/remotedesktop
3. Now Add Chrome Remote Desktop Plugin to your Google Chrome :-
4. Now it will ask you confirmation to Add that Plugin to Google Chrome :-
5. Plugin is about 24MB, So Wait for While Until it is getting Download and Install.
6. Once It is installed, You will get a Screen to Launch the Application :-
7. Once you Launch Application, It will ask you to Authorize the Application from Google Chrome, Click on “Continue” :-
8. Once You Authorize the Application, It will ask you to Accept the Permissions for Sharing and Access Remote, Click on ACCEPT :-
Above 8 Points are Common for all users, Whether they want to share the Screen or they want to access the screen.
TO SHARE THE COMPUTER , Perform below Instructions :-
1. Once you finished successfully with above 8 steps, You have to choose Whether you want to SHARE THE COMPUTER OR you want to ACCESS THE COMPUTER.
2. You will find Two options there. Remote Assistance and My Computer.
- Remote Assistance :- We are going to use this option as we don’t have a registered Remote Desktop Connections of Google Chrome and we want to Share and access multiple and different different Computers.
- My Computer :- If We want to access own System from Anywhere we have to Install this Plugin and Enable the Remote Desktop Connection, Remember this is for Own Computer only.
3. We have chosen Remote Assistance for Sharing the Remote Desktop Connection using Google Chrome, Click on “Get Started” :-
4. Now There you will find Two Options SHARE and ACCESS, here we are sharing the screen so, We will Select “SHARE” :-
5. Now, It will generate a Access Code, which you have to give you the Person who is accessing your Computer :-
That’s it for Sharing the Computer, Now Let’s Move to Client Side from where we can access the Shared Computer via Google Chrome Plugin
TO ACCESS THE COMPUTER , Perform below Instructions :-
1. You have to follow the First 8 Steps to Access the Computer.
2. We have chosen Remote Assistance for Sharing the Remote Desktop Connection using Google Chrome, Click on “Get Started” :-
3. Here you have to Choose, “ACCESS” to access the Remote Computer, Click on “ACCESS” :-
4. Now It will prompt you for, ACCESS CODE, here you have to enter Access Code, and Click on “Connect” :-
Look at below Example, Image :-
5. Now You will get the Remote Computer’s Screen like blow :-
That’s It, This article is lengthy, I hope you enjoyed it and Hope it helps to you.
If you like this then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
All Linux User’s Blog Mobile Applications :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/download-mobile-apps/
Please Keep in Touch with Social Networking :-
Facebook Page :- https://www.facebook.com/AllLinuxUsersBlog
Enjoy Google Remote Desktop 🙂 Enjoy Google Chrome 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂