SAR GUI: Export sar / sysstat reports as PDF using kSar
If you are Linux Administrator you must know what SAR is, sar is a very useful utility for Linux Administrators to get the report of CPU Usage and You can monitor I/O, CPU Usage, Idle system state using sar utility. This article will help you to read / export sar reports in Graphical mode.
In this HowTo, I will show you how you can export sar reports as PDF / JPG / PNG using kSar tool.
In RHEL / CentOS you will find sar reports under /var/log/sa
In Ubuntu / Debian based Linux you will find sar reports under /var/log/sysstat
Perform following steps to export sar report:
1. Make Sure Java is installed on your system to open kSar Utility.
2. Download kSar Utility from below URL
3. Extract / Unzip Downloaded ksar-x-x-x.zip file
root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad:~/Downloads# unzip kSar-5.0.6.zip
4. Give Executable permission to kSar.jar
root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad:~/Downloads/kSar-5.0.6# chmod +x kSar.jar
5. Execute below command to open java file (kSar.jar):
root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad:~/Downloads/kSar-5.0.6# java -jar kSar.jar
6. Now Click on Data -> Load from Text file…
7. Provide Path of sar reports path:
For RHEL: /var/log/sa/sarXX For Debian/Ubuntu: /var/log/sysstat/sarXX
8. Select “Export to PDF / JPG / PNG” from Data To Export sar report as PDF / JPG / PNG
Enjoy Sysstat Monitoring 🙂 Enjoy GUI Reports 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂
This is how you can export sar reports in Graphical format.
If you like this then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
Please Keep in Touch with Social Networking :-
Facebook Page :- https://www.facebook.com/AllLinuxUsersBlog