I am sharing steps to Install Fedora 10 Step-by-Step i hope you like it.
If you dont have Fedora 10 DVD then You can order it by filling Simple Registration Form :-
Follow this link and Get Fedora DVD for No Charge:-
1.Setup your First Boot Device CD/DVD From BIOS.
2.This is First Screen will appears when your Computer Boots from CD / DVD.
3.If you Press Enter to Install Fedora 10 then this Screen will appear
4. This screen tell you to Test your Media or Start Installation without Testing media.(If your media is old then i prefer test it because without checking your media if you start installation then may be you will get some error and your installation will cancelled)
5. After Media Checking You will see this Screen.This screen Detects your Graphic Card and Start Graphical Installation
6. This is your first screen of Graphical Installation. Click Next to Continue Installation
7. Select Language which you like to use for the Installation and Click Next.
8. Select your Keyboard for your System and Click Next to Continue.
9. Now Set your hostname here and Click Next to Continue.
10. Now Select Your Time Zone by Moving Your Mouse or you can also select from Scroll and Then Click Next to Continue if you dont want to use UTC (Universal Time Clock) then Remove Tick From System Using UTC.
11. Enter Your root password.Select Complex i suggest.Then Click Next to Continue.
12. If Your Partition table is unreadable of Hard Disk is Blank then only this screen will appear if this is not appear then dont worry move to next step
12. Now From Here You can select how you want to make partitions there are 4 types available you can see this in snapshots. You can also Encrypt your file system.I Prefer that select Create Custom Layout and Make partition as your requirement.
13. If your Hard Disk is not having any partitions then your partition table will look like following snapshots
14. First Create Boot Partition. I Prefer 200 MB is enough for /boot partition but you can define as per your requirement. After assigning size click OK.
15. Now Create /home partition as per your requirement.I am assigning 10 GB Here. After assigning Size and then Click OK.
16. Now Create Swap partition.Swap partitions size should be double size of your RAM size.
17. Now wait is over lets create / Partition.Now assign size as per your requirement.Then Click OK. (Dont Give 200MB as in Snapshot its just for an example)
18. Now Your Partition Table will Look like this.Click Next
19. If you are sure then Click On Write Changes to Disk and if you are not sure then click on Go Back. Screen will Look Like this.
20. By Clicking on Write Changes to Disk this will format the partitions.Screen will look like this.
21. Once Format Completes then you will able to see Grub Screen.If you have windows Installed then Windows Entry will show you automatically.But in My Case Only Linux. If you want to setup password for Grub then you can setup by applying tick on USE BOOTLOADER PASSWORD.then Click on Next.
If you want to setup grub password manually then follow this link: – http://barot.wordpress.com/2009/01/01/setting-up-password-for-grub-single-user-mode/
22. Now The Package screen will appear if you want to customize packages later on then just click on Next.or If you select customize now then Look at step 23.
23. If you click on Customize now then you will come to see below screen.Here a great collection of packages Select and Click Next.
24. Whether if you click on Customize Later or Customize Now after clicking on next then it will start checking Dependencies.
25. When Dependencies checking process comes to an end then it will start installation.Look at below screen.
26. Now it will transfer image to your hard drive.Look at Below Screen.
27. Now Just Sit back and Relax its Starting to Install Packages Fedora 10 on you computer.Have a look at Package Installation Screen.
28.WOW !!! Installation Complete.But still some steps remain.Click on Reboot and then Remove your media or Select Hard Disk on First Boot Device from BIOS.
29. This is the Booting Screen of Your Brand New Fedora 10.Just wait and let it complete Loading…….
30. Here is your First Welcome Screen of Fedora.Click Forward to Continue…
31. Now this is your Liscence Screen.Read it carefully and Click Forward to Continue.
32. Now Create one User here.You have to Create one user because in fedora 10 there is no root gui login enabled.Click forward to continue
I suggest that dont login as root but if you want to enable root login anyway then follow below link:-
33. Now look at timings if there is not right time shows then adjust your time here and click forward to continue.
34. Now here is Last Step.This is your computer’s Hardware profile.I suggest that send your profile because it helps to fedora devloper to improve more.There is not must to send but i prefer that you send your profile.Click on Finish.
35. Here is your Login Screen You will able to see user here which you created.Look at screen below.
36. Now Lets come to an end.Login Successfull and Your Final will look like this.
Enjoy Fedora 10 🙂