Installing openSUSE 11.1
Installing OpenSUSE 11.1.
- Download your openSUSE 11.1 DVD from software.opensuse.org.
- Setup your first boot Device as CD / DVD from BIOS.
- This is your Welcome Screen of openSUSE Installation.
- Select Installation option and Press Enter for Fresh Install for openSUSE.
- Now Installation Start Below Screen shows you that select your Language of Installation and Select your Keyboard layout and then click on Next.
- Now this screen shows your system hardware we can say system Ananlysis. Wait for some time once it finished click on NEXT to continue.
- This is Installation Mode Screen. Select a mode as per your requirement.and then Click Next to continue.By Default There is automatic configuration is checked.if you uncheck it then you have to Enter some information manually.I Dont want to use automatic configuration so i unchecked automatic configuration.if you want to use Automatic Configuration then dont uncheck it.Now click Next to Continue.
- Now Select your Time Zone and if you want to use UTC then make sure that Hardware Clock set to UTC is checked (by default it is checked already) Click Next to continue.
- From this screen you can select your desktop graphical environment.Select your Graphical Environment and click NEXT to continue.
- Now here is Parition selection. OpenSUSE suggest you that which partition table is good for you. If you want to setup it manually then click on Create Partition Setup and then click on Custom Partitioning. If you are agree with openSUSE partitions suggestion just click NEXT to continue.Look at below screen :-
- Now this is great Partition Manager of openSUSE.If you attach anyother devices other that Hard Disk then also it will show you here.Even you can also import mount points.Nice Feature.
- Now select your Hard Disk.Click on Partitions on on Right-hand side center button.and now click on Add button which is available Lower part of partition Expert.
- After clicking on Add button it will now ask you that with which partition type you want to continue.If you have Blank Hard Disk then Click on Primary Partition and Click on NEXT to Continue.
- Here assign your Partition size which you want to allocate.
- Now here you can see and select File System Type, Mount Point and Do as per your requirement.and click NEXT to continue.
- This screen will show you that Final Partition Table.If you are sure what you have done then click on ACCEPT to continue.
- Now Click NEXT to Continue.
- Create one User here.There is automatic login is checked by default.so if you dont want automatic login then uncheck it.If you dont want to use same password for system administrator then unchecked Use this password for system administrator option.then Click NEXT to continue.
- Now installation about to begin this screen is showing the whole installation summary which we had done in previous steps.
- This is your confirmation screen for installation.If you are sure then click on INSTALL to continue.
- For some time sit back and relax this is showing your installation procedure.
- You can also see the details of every installation packages by switching on Details tab on top of installation procedure.You can also see the Release notes.
- Once Installation Completes Now that start finishing basic installation.
- If you unchecked automatic configuration in step 6 then you have to setup hostname manually.Set hostname like below screen.
- It will now show you Network Configuration.Now Click NEXT to continue.
- If you are connected to internet connection then you can check for Online updates also.If you are not updating online then it will start writing System Changes.
- Read Release notes and Click NEXT.
- This shows your Hardware Configuration.Click NEXT to Continue.
- Now its Okey.Installation Finished.
- This is your Bootloader of openSUSE now select openSUSE and press Enter to boot openSUSE.
- Its your openSUSE booting Wait for some time.
- This is your Login Screen of Login Screen.Remember if you did not unchecked automatic login.You will not able to see this screen you will directly login without this screen.
- This is your Final Screen After Log into openSUSE 11.1.
All Comments Appreciated.