I am using Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Just installed few days back and it not seems up to the mark, But Not bad too, Its going good.
In Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS and Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal I am using Gnome Fallback as my Display Card is no compatible with Laptop which i am using.
On Gnome Fallback Panel Clock is there but there is not an option to Show Day and Date on Panel, So This how to for the same to Get it done.
By Following this method you will able to see Day and Date on Ubuntu 12.10 and Ubuntu 12.04 Panel.
1. First you have to Login as a root or you need sudo privilege to install package. Please execute following command :-
root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad:~#sudo apt-get install -y dconf-tools
2. Now Execute Following command to open “dconf-editor”
root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad:~# sudo dconf-editor
3. In DConf-Editor, Navigate to com => canonical => indicator => datetime
4. Click on show-day and show-date checkboxes. Attached Screenshot for Reference.
5. Close dconf-editor. No need to restart System or any service.
That’s It. You are done. Now You will able to see Date and Day at Indicator on Ubuntu Panel.
If this works for your then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
Enjoy Ubuntu 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂