In this article i will show you how to to Install Dropbox on Ubuntu Desktop Edition. I have tested the same on Ubuntu 13.10 / 13.04 / 12.10 / 12.04.
This How to i have performed on Ubuntu 13.10 edition and Using it from last three months to synchronize files from My Ubuntu 13.10 Desktop Edition to Dropbox without Having any difficulties. Dropbox Utility for Linux is such a nicely created and integrated.
Dropbox utility for Linux is very easy to understand and I love the way it is synchronizing files automatically.
Dropbox is available Ubuntu / Fedora and Debian. You can also compile with your favorite distribution as they provide source on their website. You can download Dropbox for Linux distribution from the this link :- https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx
Now Let’s begin the Installation of Dropbox on Ubuntu 13.10 Desktop Edition :-
1. You need to be root or root equivalent user to install dropbox.
2. Download Dropbox :-
For 32 bit :-
tejasbarot@linux-blog:~# wget -c https://www.dropbox.com/download?dl=packages/ubuntu/dropbox_1.6.0_i386.deb
For 64 bit :-
tejasbarot@linux-blog:~# wget -c https://www.dropbox.com/download?dl=packages/ubuntu/dropbox_1.6.0_amd64.deb
3. Installing Dropbox :-
For 32 Bit :-
tejasbarot@linux-blog:~# sudo dpkg -i dropbox_1.6.9_i386.deb
For 64 Bit :-
tejasbarot@linux-blog:~# sudo dpkg -i dropbox_1.6.9_amd64.deb
4. Once Installation is completed successfully. Launch Dropbox by searching “Dropbox in Unity Dashboard” or You can Find it in Application menu, May be “Internet” not sure as i am working with Unity.
5. Sign In and Link your Dropbox account.
6. To Upload Your Files. You will get a dropbox Directory in your Home Folder. (i.e /root/Dropbox ). Just Copy and paste your file and it will get uploaded to your Dropbox.
7. You can check the status of file(s) which is synchronizing by command “dropbox status”
8. You can change your settings as you want from “Preferences”
9. That’s it.
Hope this helps you all.
If you like this then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
All Linux User’s Blog Mobile Applications :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/download-mobile-apps/
Please Keep in Touch with Social Networking :-
Facebook Page :- https://www.facebook.com/AllLinuxUsersBlog
Enjoy Dropbox on Linux 🙂 Enjoy Ubuntu 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂