This is a post to update Firefox on Ubuntu 11.04.
It is very fast upgrade version from Firefox i think so, But anyways we like updates because update comes with some new feature and always for me New Release is exciting. I Hope Firefox 5 will not disappoint as Fedora 15 with Gnome 3 Does.
Before Following this post i would like to mention following things :-
1) Make sure Make sure you want to continue with Firefox 5 may be there are some bugs also not sure !!!!.
2) First Prepare a list of your Favorite Add-Ons
3) Before Updating/Upgrading it make sure those add-ons are available on Firefox 5.
4) Take a Backup of your BookMarks
In Very Few steps we will able to update Firefox 5 on Ubuntu 11.04
Please perform following steps to Install Firefox 5 on Ubnutu 11.04 :-
1) Make sure your Internet is working
2) Please change your user to root
[tejasbarot@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# su –
3) Execute Following command on your Ubuntu 11.04
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# echo “deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mozillateam/firefox-stable/ubuntu natty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mozillateam/firefox-stable/ubuntu natty main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mozilla-firefox.list
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
4) Now Just Execute following command as root :-
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# apt-get update firefox
If above command doesn’t work for you then Execute Following command:-
[root@tejasbarot-ahmedabad-linux]# apt-get install firefox # For Me this command works not update or upgrade
5) Now when it Ask a Question for Yes/No then Provide Yes If you want to Continue and No If you Don’t want to continue.
Shortly I am going to post How to for Installing Firefox 5 on Fedora 15. Keep Visiting Blog.
I Hope it helps to some body. Let me have some feedback guys.
Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂 Enjoy Ubuntu 🙂 Enjoy Browsing with Firefox 5 🙂