I was waiting for this day eagerly, After Release of Google Voice & Video chat in DEB file i was waiting for Google Official RPM for Voice & Video Chat. As i was unable to found i have tried so many things, Fortunately some things works smoothly unfortunately some not. But Now No need to do any tricks for Installing Google Voice and video chat on Fedora and RHEL Linux, Because of Huge demand from Fedora & RHEL users Google It self released Official RPM for Voice & Video Chat so it feels very Nice.
Still this is the very quick release so some bugs or problems may be there but its very good to see google for releasing very fast.
Follow below procedure to install Google Voice & Video Chat using Official Google RPM
1. You need to be root for doing this procedure.
2. Download Official RPM from below link :-
3. Once RPM Downloaded Just Execute below Command :-
rpm -ivh google-talkplugin_current-xxxx.rpm
4. If You face dependencies error then try to link your library files as per below instructions
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s ../../lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0a libcrypto.so.0.9.8
# ln -s libssl.so.1.0.0a libssl.so.0.9.8
5. Once above procedure completed just close your firefox and Google Chrome and Reopen Firefox & Google Chrome.
Thanks Google for release RPM quick, Infact very quick.
Enjoy Google Voice & Video Chat on Fedora | RHEL 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂
This is happiness to all Linux users specially Ubuntu and Debian Users. Fedora & RPM supported Linux has to wait for some time.
Google released DEB file to Install Google Video Chat on Linux on Ubuntu. In Excitement of fast releasing Google Only Provided DEB files for Ubuntu and Debian based Linux. So Right now Google Video chat cannot be installed on RPM supported Linux. But Sure Google is right now on Process to release RPM very soon.
Below is the procedure to Install Google Video chat on Linux | Ubuntu
1. Click on Link below to Download Google Video Talk plugin
2. Once Download finished, File is about 5.7 MB. To Install google talk plugin libglew 1.5 or libglew > 1.5 is required.
3. Just Double-Click on DEB file and Install it. If you are going to Install it with GUI then you don’t worry about Dependecies Ubuntu’s GUI Installer will take care of it.
4. Make sure you restart your browser to Use Google Video chat
To Install Google Talk Plugin Using Command, Follow below procedure :-
1) You need root privilege to Install DEB file.
2) Click on Accessories -> Click on Terminal
3) Change your directory where you have download DEB file.
4) Execute dpkg -i google-talkplugin-xxx.deb. If you are getting any dependencies problem Just Install those dependecies First then again execute this command.
5) Make sure you restart your browser to Use Google Video chat
Still waiting from Google to Release RPM very soon.
Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy Google Video Chat on Ubuntu | Debian Linux 🙂