Today I am sharing some printer related things. By Following this how to you will able to use HP LaserJet M1005 MFP into Linux.
Few days ago I buy a HP printer ( LaserJet M1005 MFP) and I faced the issue to configure in Linux as there were no Default drivers, So this howto is for them who wants to use Printer HP LaserJet M1005 MFP from Linux.
As my all post i will warn you to do this at your own risk.
So lets start with the procedure.
Please perform Following steps to Install HP LaserJet M1005 MFP on Linux | Fedora | Ubuntu | RHEL
1) Please become root to perform this steps
2) First of All You need to download Drivers for HPLaserJet M1005 MFP, Execute Following Command :-
wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
3) Extract File which you download, Execute Following command :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad ~]# tar zvxf foo2zjs.tar.gz
4) Once you are done with Extract, Please change your directory to “foo2zjs”
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad ~]# cd foo2zjs
5) Now Execute Following Command to compile :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad foo2zjs]# make
6) Once you get a prompt after executing above command successfully, Execute following command for HPLaserjet M1005 MFP :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad foo2zjs]# ./getweb P1007
7) Now Execute Following Command to Install Drivers :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad foo2zjs]# make install
8) Once It is done successfully, If you want to execute some optional commands then Execute Following ( Its not compulsory, Its Optional ) :-
— To Configure with Hotplug
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad foo2zjs]# make install-hotplug
— For Cups Compatible
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad foo2zjs]# make cups
9) Cups users execute Following Command :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad ~]# /etc/init.d/cups restart
10) That’s All. Now You can configure your printer through “system-config-printer”
I hope this will helps you all.
If this works for your then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
Enjoy HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printer on Linux Enjoy Open Source Enjoy Linux
Tejas Barot’s Latest Linux Quote :-
“Now-a-days, Life and than after Time is Most Important, Then why to invest both in WinowsZ and Viruses ??? Invest Valuable Life and Time in Linux, Use Linux and Open Source” – Tejas Barot
For More Linux quotes by Tejas Barot please visit :- http://goo.gl/h9E7q