I’m back with another post for Root lovers who likes to work as a root and who always likes to login as a root.
Enabling TeamViewer 5 as root method is very popular and became very easy for anybody to Unlock TeamViewer for Root users. I have also posted the how to for the same and it got very popular and got nice comments for the same topic, I am really thankful to those who have visited that post and encourage me to write some more Howto.
Some Visitors were keep asking me for the same Solution so I am posting Method to “Running TeamViewer 6.0.9258 as a root On Fedora 15 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 | RHEL 6 and Ubuntu Linux. I have tested Only on Fedora but it should work as i have used common Linux Commands to Develop this howto.
Note : If you don’t know what this script and this howto going to do then don’t follow this how to. Even if you know and if something goes wrong then You are the only resposible for this. Do it at completely your own risk.
In TeamViewer 6.0.9258, TeamViewer changed method to login as a root, So For Beginner it is some what difficult to enable it, They have used functions and Called a Function to Disable root.
If you are getting Error something like below then Perform this Howto :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad ~]# teamviewer
Profile: /root (root)
LSB Version: :core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: Fedora
Description: Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Error: TeamViewer must not be executed as root!
For those who wants a quick solution for this issue, I have written a small script which enabled TeamViewer 6.0.9258 Version as root.
To Perform This Howto Following are the Requirement :-
1) Of Course TeamViewer 6.0.9258 is installed
2) TeamViewer 6.0.9258 Must be installed at its default path (/opt/teamviewer) and Configuration Must be at its default path
3) If you select Option 2 From Script then Internet Must be running from your terminal, Must be able to download file from Terminal and wget package Must be Installed.
Once above requirement Meets then Perform following steps to Run TeamViewer 6.0.9258 as Root :-
1) If you are running as root then its fine otherwise you have to be root to run this script.
2) Download this script By Clicking following link or Executing Following Command on your terminal :-
Browser Users Click this Link :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/Scripts/teamviewer_as_root.sh
Execute this command on Terminal :- # wget http://www.tejasbarot.com/Scripts/teamviewer_as_root.sh
3) Now Execute Following commands as root to make it executable :-
[linux@tejas-barot-ahmedabad ~]# chmod +x teamviewer_as_root.sh
4) Now execute Script by one of the Following Method :-
[linux@tejas-barot-ahmedabad ~]# ./teamviewer_as_root.sh OR [linux@tejas-barot-ahmedabad ~]#sh teamviewer_as_root.sh
5) It will ask you for two Option :-
Select Option (1) To Run Script Locally, No Internet Needed
Select Option (2) only If Internet is running Directly from terminal and command ‘wget’ is installed.
Please Enter your Choice: 1 or 2 and Press Enter ( Option 1 is recommended)
6) Just Sit back and Relax for Some time.
7) That’s it. Now You’ll able to run TeamViewer 6.0.9258 as root.
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
If you are getting above error then please execute following command and Install RPM and then try run teamviewer :-
[root@tejas-barot-linux-ahmedabad]# rpm -ivh http://www.tejasbarot.com/RPMs/libgcc-4.4.4-13.el6.i686.rpm
If this works for your then Please Click Google +1 Button and Show Your Support. Your Support will encourage me to write more articles.
Please let me have some feedback on the same.
If this script worked for you then please don’t forget to comment and if this script not worked for you then please post your errors with output so I’ll try to help you out.
Hope this helps to everybody.
Let me have some comments 🙂 Waiting for your comments 🙂
Enjoy TeamViewer 6.0.9258 as root 🙂 Enjoy Open Source 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂