Today I am writing something about OpenSUSE. This is very basic howto and this will be very helpful to beginner mostly.
I am not at all Familiar with OpenSUSE but I Installed it and Just Give a try to reset password of OpenSUSE 11.1 and posting the howto/solution.
In OpenSUSE 11.1 it is different to reset password then other distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
I Don’t say that this is the only method to Reset/Recover root password in OpenSUSE 11.1, May be there are some other methods also but I found this is the easiest method to reset root password.
To Reset Root password in OpenSUSE 11.1 please follow the following procedure :-
1) Boot your OpenSUSE and Keep your screen on Grub.
2) On Selected Kernel at Down side you’ll able to see BOOT OPTIONS.
3) Remove Whaetever return in BOOT OPTIONS
4) Now Type init=/bin/sh and press ENTER
5) Wait some time until it loads your shell prompt.
6) Now Once you get shell prompt then execute passwd commnad and then it will ask you password twice
7) That’s it, Your root password is resetted.
Hope this helps to you.
Let me have feedback for the same.
Enjoy OpenSUSE 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy OpenSUSE 🙂