Today I am writing something about OpenSUSE. This is very basic howto and this will be very helpful to beginner mostly.
I am not at all Familiar with OpenSUSE but I Installed it and Just Give a try to reset password of OpenSUSE 11.1 and posting the howto/solution.
In OpenSUSE 11.1 it is different to reset password then other distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
I Don’t say that this is the only method to Reset/Recover root password in OpenSUSE 11.1, May be there are some other methods also but I found this is the easiest method to reset root password.
To Reset Root password in OpenSUSE 11.1 please follow the following procedure :-
1) Boot your OpenSUSE and Keep your screen on Grub.
2) On Selected Kernel at Down side you’ll able to see BOOT OPTIONS.
3) Remove Whaetever return in BOOT OPTIONS
4) Now Type init=/bin/sh and press ENTER
5) Wait some time until it loads your shell prompt.
6) Now Once you get shell prompt then execute passwd commnad and then it will ask you password twice
7) That’s it, Your root password is resetted.
Hope this helps to you.
Let me have feedback for the same.
Enjoy OpenSUSE 🙂 Enjoy Linux 🙂 Enjoy OpenSUSE 🙂
Is there question in your mind that How to Login as a root from GUI in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Recent Release ? Read Following How to for your answer.
Note :- It’s not at all Good to Login as root from GUI in any Linux Distribution. Login as a root from GUI can destroy your system. ( Some people says this, I don’t agree with them.) 🙂
Again a very good news for ROOT Lovers who loves to Login as a root from GUI into Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Just Follow only 5 Steps and You will able to Login as a root From GUI in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Follow the below steps to Login as a root From GUI in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
1) Login as a normal user which you have created during Installation.
2) Click on Applications -> Click on Terminal
3) Execute Below Command.
sudo passwd root
[sudo] password for tejasbarot: ****** <——– Enter your Current User password from which you have logged in from GUI —->
Enter new UNIX password: ****** < ——— Enter New password which you want to set for root user ——>
Retype new UNIX password: ****** < ——— Retype New password which you want to set for root user ——>
4) That’s It. You have successfully Setup Your root user’s password. Now Log out from Current User.
5) On Login Screen, Click on Other. Type Username ( root ) and password which you have setted up in step 3.
It’s very easy howto for Login as a root from GUI ( Ubuntu 10.04 LTS )
Enjoy Stuff from root 🙂 Enjoy Ubuntu 🙂
Enjoy Linux 🙂
Let me have some feedback on this.
To Change root Password of mysql you can change it by using
if you want to change or update root password then execute this command
mysqladmin -u root -p’oldpassword’ password newpassword
For example, If old password is tejas, and set new password to tejasbarot, enter:
mysqladmin -u root -p’tejas’ password tejasbarot
if you want to change password of other user of MySQL then execute this command
mysqladmin -u <your-username> -p oldpassword newpass